Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Soup: YUM!

Roasted Butternut Squash, Carrot, Apple & White Bean Soup (use all organic if possible)....

1 Butternut Squash
1 Medium Onion (I used a sweeter yellow onion)
4 Large Carrots
2 Apples (I used Honeycrisp)
1 Can White Beans (aka Cannelini Beans)
Olive Oil (or consider Coconut Oil or Grapeseed Oil), Salt & Pepper
Chicken Broth (or Veggie Broth)
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of Cayenne pepper


Preheat oven to 425

Peel and cut the squash, apples, onion and carrots into small chunky pieces. You can leave the apple skin on if you prefer (I did).

Place all the veggies/apples in a large roasting dish or glass pan and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.

Roast in oven at 425 for 25 minutes -- and turn the veggies a few times during roasting.

Once done with the roasting take the veggies and add to a soup pot.

Add 4 cups of chicken broth (or veggie broth) -- or enough broth to cover all the veggies in the soup pot. 4 cups should do it.

Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 minutes (I left the soup pot uncovered bc the smell filled the entire house!).

Use a masher or immersion blender (I used our Vitamix... just poured the soup into the Vitamix and blended until thick... made 2 batches using the soup contents) to break down/puree the veggies.

Once you reach your desired favorite soup consistency you are done! This can freeze well but you will probably want to eat it all up in a couple of days! Even my kids and hubbie loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.