Friday, June 29, 2012

Mini Chocolate-Chip Love Bites

These are so good you might want to eat the whole batch at once... don't say I didn't warn you.  :)

Adapted from "Chocolate Covered Katie" (blog) recipe.

I doubled everything and it made about 20 cookies:
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 cup applesauce (organic if you can)
* 1/4 cup nut butter (I used Trader Joe's crunchy peanut butter with flaxseed)
* 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* 1/16 salt
* 1-2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips (I used a vegan chip by "Enjoy Life" -- deelish!)
* 2 1/2 tbsp. dried berries (I used organic sulfite-free dried cherries)
* 1 tbsp. unrefined cane sugar (you can use another healthy sweetener of your choice)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mash the applesauce with the nut better then add all other ingredients.  Mix well until combined.   Shape into cookies (use a mini scoop or your hands work, too).  Bake on a greased cookie sheet for around 14-16 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes.   (I used a Silpat cookie sheet liner and it works great to give an even baking -- no burned tops or bottoms.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.