Recipe from www.thesweetlifeonline.com
These are really very simple and having tested them on myself and my own children I can honestly say that you will like them, too!
These do contain sugar.... however. you can make a healthier sugar choice (stevia, unrefined cane, etc etc). If you aren't a fan of any form of sugar than you can use any substitute you normally work with.
Ingredients:
1 cup unrefined cane sugar (or stevia or healthy sweetener of choice)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used unflavored coconut milk)
1/2 cup soy-free Earth Balance (located in butter section in most grocery stores)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Gluten Free oats (I used Bobs Red Mill brand)
Preparation:
In a medium-sized sauce pan mix together sugar, non-dairy milk, Earth Balance and cocoa over medium high heat and bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes (not less) and remove from heat.
Mix in oats and vanilla until well combined.
I poured the mixture onto a wax-paper lined cookie sheet to cool in the fridge. After about an hour of cooling I rolled the mixture into spoon-sized round cookies and then refrigerated until more firm.
Store in air-tight container in the fridge.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.