Friday, May 11, 2012

Gluten-Free French Toast Casserole

In honor of  Gluten-Free Month and given the fact that a nice lady had made this for tasting today at Whole Foods... I decided to whip this up tonight so we can reheat all weekend long.  YUM!

You will need:
Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
6 Slices Gluten Free Bread (Udi's or Whole Foods brands are great)
2 Cups Mixed Berries (I used Organic Strawberries and Blueberries)
5 Eggs (or Egg Substitute)
1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk (I used Rice Milk)
1/2 Cup Organic Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Oil an 8 inch glass baking pan
Line pan with bread (overlap slices and press down to form solid bottom layer)
Scatter Berries over top of bread
Whisk together eggs, milk, syrup and spices -- pour over bread
Bake until golden brown and set -- approx 45-50 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.